STX is moving the Dave Bautista family film My Spy to April 17 from its previously scheduled March 13 opening. The company hopes to take advantage of a wide-open release date that occurred when Trolls World Tour moved up a week to April 10.
My Spy sees Guardians of the Galaxy co-star Bautista as a hardened CIA operative who finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, having been sent undercover to watch her family. The film also stars Chloe Coleman, Kristen Schaal and Ken Jeong.
More from Deadline
- EFM Big Deal: STX Splashes On Starry Female Assassin Pic 'Gunpowder Milkshake' With Karen Gillan, Lena Headey, Michelle Yeoh, Angela Bassett, More
- 'Hedgehog' Bites Back At 'Wild' Dog As 'Sonic' Speeds To No. 1 With $26M+; $203M+ WW - Sunday AM Update
- STX, Black Bear & Elevation Pictures Enter Strategic Sales & Distribution Partnership - EFM
The modestly budgeted ($18 million) film has opened well in Australia and New Zealand, doing just over $3 million in international.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: US Death Toll Grows To 21; 18 From Washington State Nursing Home
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More