Thirteen students received special awards Sunday during Great Plains Lutheran High School’s Winter Activities Banquet.
Honors were presented for girls and boys basketball, cheerleading and one-act play.
Special award winners include:
• Girls Basketball — Mali York, MVP and 2X4 (Player Who “Hits the Hardest”); Bryn Holmen, Panther Award; and Halle Bauer, Most Improved. Bauer and York each also earned All-Eastern Coteau Conference second team honors.
• Boys Basketball — Sam Hansen, Co-MVP; Ethan Kjenstad, Co-MVP; Trent Lien, Panther Award; Alex Heil and Connor Kannas, Most Improved; and Austin Rubendall, Newcomer of the Year. Hansen (first team) and Kjenstad (second team) each earned All-Eastern Coteau Conference honors.
• Cheerleading — Chloe Wolfe, MVP; and Ruby Leins, Panther Award.
• One-Act Play — John Abrahamson, MVP; and Jakson Cowles, Panther Award.
Letter winners, by activity, are:
• Girls Basketball — Seniors Bryn Holmen and Mali York; juniors Briana Cordle and Kim Goens; sophomore Halle Bauer and Olivia Holmen; freshmen Esta Cameron, Myra Lentz, Madeline Prahl, Kaitlyn Rawerts, Lydia Schleusener and Emma Dornbusch; and managers Paige Schoer, Leksi Decker, Norah Kratz and Naomi Hoff.
• Boys Basketball — Seniors Gavin Dornbusch, Connor Kannas, Ethan Kjenstad, Sam Hansen and Trent Lien; sophomores Alex Heil and Myles York; and managers Olivia Zanto, Haylee Cowles and Yabesera Wurgessa.
• Cheerleading — Seniors Ruby Leins and Madeline Ramsey; junior Dayzee Holloway; and sophomores Madison Rabine and Chloe Wolfe.
• One-Act Play — Seniors John Abrahamson and Jakson Cowles; juniors Haylee Cowles, Naomi Hoff and Norah Kratz; and sophomore Sebastian Rosenthal.
This article originally appeared on Watertown Public Opinion: Students honored at Great Plains Lutheran's Winter Activities Banquet