Though there’s still no word about the release of her next album, Charli XCX has given fans a new project to hold them over: the Number 1 Angel mixtape.
The British singer announced the drop earlier this week on BBC Radio 1, where she premiered three of the tape's 10 tracks: There was “Pull Up” featuring MØ, “Dreamer” with Raye and Starrah, and the CupcakKe-assisted cut “Lipgloss.” Hours before Number 1 Angel’s official release, Charli rolled out a fourth track called “Babygirl” featuring Uffie.
Number 1 Angel is Charli’s first project since last year’s Vroom Vroom EP. Since then, the 24-year-old has released "After the Afterparty" with Lil Yachty as well as “Bounce,” which she debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live! earlier this year. The former track is reportedly the lead single of her highly anticipated third studio album.
In early 2017, Charli spoke to Rolling Stone about the upcoming project, explaining the inspiration behind the album and what she wanted to deliver.
“On my previous record, I was really annoyed at the music industry and felt like I had something to prove. After that, I didn't feel I had anything to prove anymore,” she said. “Also one of my favorite hobbies is partying, and I realized that I never actually made a party album. I never made an album that I would want to hear at a club. It was very indulgent in that sense because I just wanted to make an album that I could get fucked up to. It's the soundtrack to my nights.”
While you wait for more information about Sucker’s follow-up, you can listen to Charli’s Number 1 Angel mixtape below.
- Charli XCX Parties With Lil Yachty and Zombies in Her New Video for "After the Afterparty"
- Listen to MØ's New Song "Drum"
- Watch Charli XCX's Sleek New Video for "Vroom Vroom"
- Demi Lovato and Charli XCX Will Be Involved in the Upcoming Angry Birds Movie
More from Complex
- Check Out Ravenna Golden's New Video For "Machete"
- The Top New Songs You Should Listen to Right Now
- Scott Disick Now Claims He's a 'Sex Addict'
- Radioactive Wild Boars Are Out Here Causing Chaos
- Interview: Allen Iverson Didn't Get an NBA Jersey Until He Was in the NBA