Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are reversing early strength at the midday mark, with the tech (XLK) and energy (XLE) sectors the most in the red, while the utilities (XLU) sector is the most in the green. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Nicole Sinclair and Melody Hahm. Will Rhind, CEO of GraniteShares, also joins us from the New York Stock Exchange to discus commodity ETFs.
Today’s Midday Movers discussion topics:
- Stocks give back early gains
- Federal Reserve debates inflation as bond yields tumble
- How Amazon may use robots to cut costs at Whole Foods
- Rewards, cash back, perks: How companies lure shoppers to use credit instead of debit or cash
- How to invest in commodities through ETFs
- ‘Harry Potter’ turns 20