On her press tour for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (which hits theaters Dec. 20), Ridley stopped by The Tonight Show to offer a crash course in the sprawling saga — which she delivered in the form of a rap.
More from TVLine
- Kristen Bell and Jimmy Fallon Perform 'History of Disney Songs' Medley
- The Voice Performance Recap: Which of the Top 11 Slayed Their Fan Picks?
- The Voice Final 4 Predictions: Our Picks for the Singers Who'll Go the Distance
Accompanied by host Jimmy Fallon, who showed off artwork that corresponded with Ridley’s song, the actress rapidly broke down Star Wars‘ previous eight films, beginning with A New Hope and concluding with The Last Jedi. (Even the much-maligned prequels got some time!)
With impressive speed (and equally impressive swagger), Ridley hit on many of the franchise’s most iconic moments, from Princess Leia’s plea to Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Darth Vader’s stunning confession to Luke Skywalker. But the actress was most enthusiastic when recapping The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, the two films in which her “scrapper named Rey” appears. (“You can’t stop me, I’m a Jedi from Jakku, fight the dark side from Tatooine to Naboo!” she gleefully rhymed.)
Directed by J.J. Abrams, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will serve as the final film in the nine-part “Skywalker saga.” Press PLAY above to see Ridley’s full rap recap, then drop a comment with your thoughts!
Best of TVLine
- Saturday Night Live: The 10 Worst Sketches of Season 44 (So Far)
- Saturday Night Live: The 10 Best Sketches of Season 44 (So Far)
- SNL: TVLine Readers Rank Every Season 44 Episode, From Worst to Best