Sir Patrick Stewart will once again “Engage!” when Star Trek: Picard premieres on Thursday, Jan. 23.
Stewart was on hand to reveal the launch date for the hotly anticipated CBS All Access spinoff during the series’ New York Comic Con panel at Madison Square Garden. In addition, the streamer has dropped a new trailer, which you can watch above.
More from TVLine
- Brendan Gleeson Cast as President Donald Trump in James Comey Limited Series at CBS Studios
- Jeff Daniels to Star as Former FBI Director James Comey in CBS Studios' 4-Hour Limited Series
- Star Trek: Discovery: Burnham Faces the Future in New Season 3 Teaser Trailer
Picard will follow the iconic character into the next chapter of his life. Santiago Cabrera (Salvation), Michelle Hurd (Blindspot), Alison Pill (The Newsroom), Harry Treadaway (Mr. Mercedes) and Isa Briones (American Crime Story: Versace) co-star. They’ll be joined by Star Trek: Voyager‘s Jeri Ryan and Next Generation‘s Brent Spiner, who will reprise their respective roles as Seven of Nine and Data. Jonathan Frakes (Riker) and Marina Sirtis (Troi) will also make appearances during Season 1.
In other Star Trek news out of NYCC: Sonequa Martin-Green revealed the first teaser trailer for Discovery Season 3, which is set to premiere in 2020 (exact date TBA). Meanwhile, CBS All Access has dropped “Q&A,” the first of six all-new Short Treks releasing between now and January. Additional shorts include “The Trouble with Edward” (premiering Thursday, Oct. 10), “Ask Not” (Nov. 14), “The Girl Who Made the Stars” and “Ephraim and Dot” (Dec. 12), and “Children of Mars” (Jan. 9).
Press PLAY on the newly released trailer above, then hit the comments with your reactions.
Launch Gallery: <i>Star Trek: Picard</i> Season 1 Photos
Best of TVLine
- 15 Superhero/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Flops That Missed the Comic-Con Boom
- 15 Cancelled Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy Shows
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)