From Infinity Hill and GCB Films, Staged follows the cast as they try to keep rehearsals on track during lockdown, with their efforts often bordering on the absurd and the humorous.
More from Deadline
- UK To Roll Out COVID-19 Safety Production Training 'Within Weeks'
- Amazon's UK Chief Emerges As BBC Director General Contender, But Coronavirus Complicates Hiring Plan
- BBC Eyes Plan To Make BBC Four A Global Subscription Service
Tennant and Sheen will be joined by yet-to-be-confirmed guest stars for the series of six, 15-minute episodes. The confirmed cast does include Tennant’s wife Georgia Tennant, as well as Lucy Eaton and Anna Lundberg.
Staged was created by Simon Evans and Phin Glynn, with the former writing and directing. The producers are Glynn, Victor Glynn and Georgia Tennant. Tennant and Sheen are executive producers alongside Axel Kuschevatzky and Cindy Teperman for Infinity Hill, and Geoff Iles for GCB.
The series will premiere next month on BBC One and be available as a box-set on iPlayer. It will be filmed following government guidelines on safety and social distancing.
BBC director of content Charlotte Moore said: “It’s so important that the BBC provides moments of humor and light relief and this mischievous idea shows what great sports Michael and David are.”
— BBC Press Office (@bbcpress) May 22, 2020
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Closes In On 100,000 As Some Restrictions Are Relaxed Ahead Of Memorial Day - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto