Soulja Boy is a savvy entrepreneur. Every so often, we read about what SB has his hands in: SBeezy Lights, Soulja Board-branded hoverboards, and an official Soulja Boy app that allows you to chat with him are just a few of his latest business ventures. Earlier today, he announced a lucrative deal for his ever-expanding brand.
$400 million deal confirmed. I still they think they low balled me though. I was thinking 2 or 3 billion..— Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) May 1, 2016
Cbs, fox, and Forbes been fighting over to have my story— Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) May 1, 2016
Fuck everybody who doubted me I'm Finna change my number 😂— Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) May 1, 2016
Loyalty over Royalty— Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) May 1, 2016
The Atlanta-bred rapper wouldn’t go into further details about the deal like who he signed with and what it is. Interestingly enough, he also shouted out Beyoncé for his writing credit on “Hold Up” from LEMONADE, which could mean it’s related to her.
In an Instagram post from the European tour he’s currently on, he announces another album will be coming on June 1 called Better Late Than Never. He wrote that’s when he’ll be revealing more information on his new deal and “buy out ‘400 million.’” Whatever it is, Soulja’s got some deep pockets now.
- Lil Yachty, Soulja Boy, and Lil B Are Planning a Collaborative Mixtape
- Soulja Boy Is the Father of Modern Rap Music
- Here Are All of the Samples Featured on Beyoncé's 'LEMONADE'
More from Complex
- The Weeknd Is Working on New Music With the Same Team Behind ‘House of Balloons'
- Rob Liefeld Takes a Victory Lap and Reveals Some 'Deadpool 2' Details
- The Best (and Worst) Albums Out Right Now
- Kevin Durant Lies to Women About the Same Thing Most Men Do
- 'Sesame Street' Threatens to Sue a Company for Implying Bert and Ernie Have STDs