The post Soccer Mommy returns with ominous new song “Lucy”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Earlier this year, Soccer Mommy revisited her acclaimed debut album, Clean, by sharing a demo version of “Blossom”. The indie rocker also known as Sophie Allison is now looking ahead, though, as she’s just released a new song titled “Lucy” through Loma Vista Recordings.
While a glossy sheen coats the track’s surface, its bristly guitars hint at something a bit more forbidding — as well as a previously unknown side to Soccer Mommy’s creative mind. The Nashville-bred songwriter elaborated in a statement,
“‘Lucy’ is a really fun song for me because it has a dark, evil vibe. It’s a song about struggling with inner demons and your own morality, but I masked it with this scenario of being seduced by the devil. I’m really excited to share this with everyone because I think it shows a different side of my writing.”
Hear “Lucy” — short for “Lucifer” — down below via Matrix-esqe visuals created by Zev Deans & Lordess Foudre.
Soccer Mommy is currently on the road supporting Vampire Weekend and Wilco throughout the fall. Grab tickets to all her upcoming shows here.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- The Village People incite unlikely circle pit and wall of death at Riot Fest: Watch
- About 100 people storm Area 51 gate, two people arrested
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]
- Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron Carter