The post Soccer Mommy Defines the Shades Within Color Theory appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Soccer Mommy’s Sophie Allison joins Kyle Meredith With... to unpack Color Theory. The Nashville singer-songwriter explains how the album is sectioned into three thematic colors: blue for depression, yellow for mental and physical illness, and gray for mortality. She shares how all three colors make up the stories of recent hurdles she and her family have faced amidst tough times. She also discusses her bouts of loneliness, why she relates water to sadness, taking inspiration from ’90s music and ’00s production, and her contribution to The Turning soundtrack.
Want to see Soccer Mommy on tour? Get your tickets now!
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Neil Young's Stunning First Fireside Session Got a Little Weird: Watch
- Neil Diamond Reworks "Sweet Caroline" to Promote Hand-Washing: Watch
- Fiona Apple Details New Album, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, in Expansive Interview
- Neil Young, Chris Martin, Ben Gibbard, and More Livestream Concerts from Home
- Donald Trump Thought Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Died After Misunderstanding the Meaning of "Discharged"