The post SOB X RBE tease new album, share new single “Legend”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
SOB X RBE dropped their latest album, Family Not a Group, back in spring, but they’re already teasing a follow-up. The new record will be called Strictly Only Brothers (which is what SOB stands for), and is being previewed today with lead single “Legend”.
With a moderately laid back beat, “Legend” continues to showcase the Bay Area rap group’s penchant for chaotic bars and banging tracks.
But forget all that for a minute. What might be most interesting here is that a press release describes the group as a trio, and the accompanying image indeed is missing fourth member Lul G. This cryptic omission comes after a 2018 where the group seemed to continually be on the verge of a breakup, though at the time it was Yhung T.O. who seemed ready to depart.
So what’s going on here? Perhaps we’ll find out when SOB X RBE take the stage for their handful of upcoming Pacific Northwest tour dates (tickets for which can be found here). Or maybe when the mysterious Strictly Only Brothers gets further detailed. For now, check out the Pocket-produced “Legend” below.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes
- The Matrix 4: Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss to star in new film from Lana Wachowski