Earlier this week, Scarlett Johansson landed a Golden Globe and SAG Award nomination for her starring role opposite Adam Dtiver in Netflix’s Marriage Story. On Saturday Night Live, hosted by Johansson, the movie got a spoof with Kellyanne & George Conway as the spouses portrayed in Marriage Story by Johansson and Driver. Kate McKinnon reprised her impression of Kellyanne while Beck Bennett took on George Conway.
In the skit, Johansson plays the therapist who asks the spouses to write down what they like about one another.
More from Deadline
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings Slip In Households, Steady In Demo With Host Scarlett Johansson
- 'SNL' Spoofs Hallmark Channel's Christmas Movies, Addresses Brides Kissing Ad Controversy
- Scarlett Johansson Helps Save 'SNL' Cast From Thanos' Snap In 'Avengers'-Themed Monologue
“She works so hard for her boss, even though I hate his guts,” Bennett’s George reads from his list.
“He always leaves his coffee mugs around,” McKinnon’s Kellyanne says over footage of mugs — all featuring anti-Donald Trump messages on them — that she finds all over the house.
McCinnon’s Kellyanne then narrates snippets from the couple’s everyday lives as a mouthpiece for and a vocal critic of Trump, respectively, including George’s constant trolling of the president on Twitter and Trump’s responses.
You can watch the A Conway Marriage Story short, complete with a parody of the fight scene from the movie, above.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers