Byrne will join host and Sack Lunch Bunch co-star John Mulaney on SNL’s February 29th episode. The appearance — Byrne’s first solo visit to SNL since performing two Rei Momo songs on a Woody Harrelson-hosted episode in 1989 — comes just weeks after the singer’s American Utopia ends its five-month Broadway residency.
More from Rolling Stone
- See Luke Combs Perform Rowdy 'Beer Never Broke My Heart' on 'SNL'
- John Mulaney, David Byrne Mix Song and Dance, Science Experiments in 'Sack Lunch Bunch' Trailer
- 'SNL': Elsa Comes Out in 'Frozen 2' Deleted Scenes Sketch
The following week, on March 7th, the Weeknd will perform on an episode hosted by Daniel Craig. Uncut Gems star Abel Tesfaye recently made the late-night TV rounds to promote his new singles “Blinding Lights” and “Heartless.”
This weekend, Justin Bieber will be musical guest for an episode led by first-time host RuPaul, followed by a two-week hiatus before the Mulaney/Byrne tandem.
Season 45 has so far also featured musical guests Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Halsey, Lizzo, Harry Styles (who also hosted), Coldplay, Camila Cabello, Chance the Rapper (also host), DaBaby, Niall Horan, King Princess and, most recently, Luke Combs.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.