The post Smino is back with bouncy new single “Trina”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The new single sees the St. Louis-born artist rhyming about Keanu Reeves, Poltergeist, his “first time in Miami,” and, of course, Slip N Slide Records rapper Trina. Its hyped, party-like atmosphere — complete with funky and fat throwback basslines — comes courtesy of producers Kenny Beats (Vince Staples, Freddie Gibbs) and Lido (Chance the Rapper, Halsey).
(Read: The Top 50 Albums of 2017)
“Trina” follows Smino’s “Reverend” single from August. It’s unclear whether both tracks are part of a larger, forthcoming project, but the MC did tell Zane Lowe this afternoon that he has two to three albums in the works, including one from all-star trio Ghetto Sage. His last official album, NØIR, dropped late 2018, and his blkswn debut was named one of the best of 2017.
- Kanye says God rewarded him with $68 million tax refund for becoming born-again Christian
- Film Review: xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Morrissey is signing other artists' albums and selling them for $300 at shows
- Billie Eilish Throws an Unconventional, Unholy Mass Onstage
- Bill Murray slept through his own lifetime achievement award press conference
- Album Review: Kanye West Even Bores God with the Passionless Jesus Is King