The post Slipknot’s We Are Not Your Kind lands at No. 1 on Billboard 200 album chart appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
We Are Not Your Kind moved 118,000 equivalent album units in its first week of release, with 102,000 of that total comprised of traditional album sales. The most recent hard-rock band to hit the top spot of the tally was Foo Fighters, who did so in October 2017 with Concrete and Gold.
For Slipknot, it marks the third straight time the metal act has landed atop the Billboard 200, as 2014’s .5: The Gray Chapter and 2008’s All Hope Is Gone also debuted at No. 1 on the album chart.
Across the Atlantic, We Are Not Your Kind also debuted at No. 1 on the UK album chart — the first time Slipknot ruled the top of that tally since 2001’s Iowa.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes
- The Matrix 4: Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss to star in new film from Lana Wachowski
- Slayer apparently too "terrifying" for NASCAR as band's sponsorship is pulled due to "reactionary concerns"