Sky gave little away about the plot of Blocco 181 (working title), but it will revolve around themes of power struggles, love, generational conflicts and female emancipation.
More from Deadline
- Netflix Sets First Dutch Original Feature With Shady El-Hamus Hip-Hop Pic
- Sky Studios Invests In Julie Anne Robinson's Longboat Pictures
- Sky Studios Signs Overall Deal With German Filmmaker Philipp Leinemann
Nicola Maccanico, EVP Programming at Sky Italia, described it as a “collision of storytelling, music and the diverse cultures,” while Salmo said it will touch on themes of “chaos, vitality, power, weaknesses, conflicts, passion.”
The artist will star in Blocco 181, as well as serve as creative and music producer. The series will be made in-house by Sky Studios, with input from Red Joint Film. Nils Hartmann, director of original production at Sky Italia, will lead on the project for the Comcast-owned broadcaster.
Blocco 181 is poised to go into production next year.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Closes In On 100,000 As Some Restrictions Are Relaxed Ahead Of Memorial Day - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto