by Trace William Cowen
Several unsettling posts from Sinéad O'Connor’s Facebook caused alarm this weekend, including details on an apparent disagreement with family members. On Sunday, a post that appeared to be written by O’Connor herself suggested that she had plans to cause some sort of harm to herself.
“I’m invisible,” the legendary “Nothing Compares 2 U” singer wrote. “I don’t matter a shred to anyone. No one has come near me. I’ve died a million times already with the pain of it.” The posts appeared to be directed at various family members, referencing unnamed “betrayals” and apparent mistreatment.
The posts, currently still live on Facebook, prompted authorities to give O’Connor “medical assistance” after thankfully finding her safe and sound. A representative confirmed to Pitchfork that O’Connor is currently “unwell and receiving treatment,” though the specifics regarding that treatment remain unknown.
For more information on how to handle possible suicide threats, including when and how to contact the appropriate authorities, please visit here.
- Sinéad O'Connor Asks Miley Cyrus to Stop “Pimping” Herself in Open Letter, Miley Responds
- Sinead O’Connor Says Music Has Officially Died Because of Kim Kardashian
More from Complex
- Kanye West’s Barber Ibn Jasper Confirms That “Black” adidas Yeezy Boost 750s Are Fake
- Sinéad O'Connor Is Reportedly “Unwell and Receiving Treatment” After Threatening Self-Harm in Facebook Posts
- Cards Against Humanity Made Over 70K for Absolutely No Reason
- Wyoming’s Josh Adams Soars Over Bigger Defender For Monster Dunk
- Adult Film Actress Stoya Accuses Ex-Boyfriend James Deen of Rape