One of The Simpsons‘ most iconic troublemakers is finally getting what he’s always wanted — and it only took him three decades.
Jon Lovitz returns to the Fox comedy on Sunday (8/7c) as the voice of Artie Ziff, Marge’s high school prom date-turned-lifelong stalker. And while he may not be able to drive a wedge between Homer and his wife, he can do the next best thing: marry her clone!
More from TVLine
- The Masked Singer Spinoff The Masked Dancer Ordered to Series at Fox
- Ratings: Last Man Returns Steady, Jeopardy! Special Tops Night in Viewers
- Fox's Deputy Premiere: Grade It!
In TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek from the episode, titled “Hail to the Teeth,” Homer is asked to escort Artie’s bride-to-be down the aisle. And even though Marge may roll her eyes at the whole situation, Homer finds himself getting surprisingly emotional on his wife-clone’s big day.
This technically isn’t the first time Artie has found a way to marry the woman of his dreams. In Season 24’s “Treehouse of Horror XXIII,” a time-traveling mishap caused Bart to undo his parents’ marriage; when he returned to the present, he discovered that Marge had married Artie, and his new name was — wait for it — Bartie. Of course, this being part of a Simpsons Halloween episode, it isn’t canon with the rest of the series. (Sorry, Artie.)
Hit PLAY on the video for a first look at the weirdest wedding in Simpsons history, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.
Best of TVLine
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 3)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 2)