The post Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Reunite in Truth Seekers Trailer: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
In Truth Seekers, Frost plays Gus, the leader of a group of part-time paranormal investigators who team up to uncover and film ghost sightings across the UK. “As they stake out haunted churches, underground bunkers and abandoned hospitals with their array of homemade ghost-detecting gizmos, their supernatural experiences grow more frequent, more terrifying and even deadly, as they begin to uncover a conspiracy that could bring about Armageddon for the entire human race,” notes a plot synopsis.
For his day job, however, Gus works at a broadband company called Smile, which is where Pegg comes in. He plays Gus’ wig-wearing boss, Dave. “I crop up in a couple of scenes each episode and give Gus his assignment for the episode, which is usually to install broadband somewhere,” Pegg explained during a Comic-Con@Home panel on Thursday. “The [company] may or may not be nefarious in their aims and deeds.”
Watch the first trailer and the Comic-Con@Home panel below.
- Top 100 Films of the 2010s
- From Nosferatu to The Ruins: Edgar Wright shares his 100 favorite horror movies
First announced in 2018, Truth Seekers is one of the first projects to come out of Pegg and Frost’s new production house, Stolen Pictures. Last year, they co-starred in the horror-comedy film Slaughterhouse Rulez. They also recently reprised their characters from Shaun of the Dead for a social-distancing PSA.
- Kanye West Held His First Campaign Presidential Rally in South Carolina, And It Went As Well As You'd Expect
- Chris Cornell's Unreleased Cover of Guns N' Roses' "Patience" Unearthed for His 56th Birthday: Stream
- Alex Trebek Once Unknowingly Ate Five Hash Brownies and Woke Up at a Friend's House Three Days Later
- Burger Records Employees, Artists Accused of Rampant Sexual Misconduct
- Woman Jumps on Stage, Coughs on Singer Clayton Gardner During Concert