Some music fans have lamented over the lack of rock music at recent Super Bowl Halftime performances. Well, if Shakira’s social media feed is any indication, we may get to hear some pop punk after all.
Shakira, who will co-headline next year’s Super Bowl Halftime Show alongside Jennifer Lopez, has posted a brief video of herself singing Green Day’s “Basket Case”. In an accompanying tweet, she wrote, “Me, being a basket case with my producer…” Watch the cover below.
FWIW, Green Day aren’t scheduled to kick off their world tour supporting new album Father of All Motherf*ckers until March 2020. So, maybe they’ll join Shakira on stage for the Big Game? For now, make sure you pick up tickets to Green Day’s “Hella Mega Tour” with Weezer and Fall Out Boy.
Me, being a basket case with my producer… pic.twitter.com/dckXvTy5H5
— Shakira (@shakira) October 18, 2019
- Jared Leto tried to kill Joaquin Phoenix's Joker movie
- The 100 Scariest Movies of All Time
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Snoop Dogg employs a full-time blunt roller
- Tool fan didn't realize he asked Eddie Van Halen to take his picture at concert
- Live Review: Misfits Got Something to Say, Blow Madison Square Garden Away (10/19)