The spot finds Elliott in his full-on “Stranger from The Big Lebowski” cowboy persona as he sits down at the bar at the dusty watering hole and forebodingly speaks the biggest song of 2019’s verses to the saloon’s patrons.
More from Rolling Stone
- The Two Biggest Pop Radio Stations Barely Played Lil Nas X's 'Old Town Road'
- Just How Big Was 'Old Town Road' In 2019?
- See Prince Perform 'Purple Rain' During Super Bowl Downpour
“I got the horses in the back. Horse tack is attached. Hat is matte black. I got the boots that’s black to match,” Elliott growls. “Ridin’ on a horse. Ha! You can whip your Porsche. I been in the valley. You ain’t been up off that porch, now. Can nobody tell me nothing. You can’t tell me nothing.”
The “Old Town Road” bass line then seeps into the scene as Elliott’s cowboy makes his exit.
What brought the beloved actor and the Grammy-nominated song together? Doritos, with the combo serving as an advertisement for the brand’s Cool Ranch chips. Doritos dubbed the ad revealed Friday a “teaser” for another commercial coming February 2nd, 2020, Super Bowl Sunday.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.