Sean Hannity has gathered his staff of roughly 30 people to set the record straight: He won’t be leaving Fox News, according to a new report by Politico.
Speculation about Hannity’s future at the network reached fever pitch in recent days after the company announced Monday that his former producer and network co-president Bill Shine had resigned.
According to Politico, Hannity decided to call in a staff-wide meeting on Tuesday afternoon, an unusual move for the Fox News host, to let them know he’s staying put. He also treated them to pizza.
Hannity insisted he was not negotiating an exit, despite reports to the contrary. He then thanked his staff and told them: “Don’t believe the destroy-Trump media,” according to a person who was present at the meeting.
Politico also reported that Hannity has a “key man clause” in his contract that gives him the option to exit Fox News at any time after the departure of Ailes, as long as he gives a 60-day notice ahead of time.
On Monday, Shine announced he was leaving the network following several sexual harassment suits which lead to the ousting of the network’s top star Bill O’Reilly last month and Ailes last year.
Shine is named in some of the lawsuits for allegedly turning a blind eye to the harassment, though Shine has denied any wrongdoing.
Right before Shine’s departure, Hannity declared that he would leave if Shine was let go in series of tweets, even coining the hashtag #Istandwithshine
On Monday night, following Shine’s resignation, Hannity teased his viewers at the start of his show, saying “I may or may not have a thing or two to say before the show is over just for you. Please stay tuned.”
But by the end of the broadcast, all he said was: “All the lies you’ve heard about me, they’re not true.”
A Fox News spokesperson did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.
Related stories from TheWrap: