Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Steps Down as Chairman of REVOLT

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs has stepped down from his role as chairman for REVOLT. TMZ first broke the story, and Billboard confirms through Diddy’s reps. The news arrives in the wake of Combs’ three sexual assault lawsuits, including one made by his ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura earlier this month.

According to a statement made by REVOLT on Instagram Tuesday morning (Nov. 28), the Black music television company aims to continue its mission of creating “meaningful content for the culture.”

More from Billboard

“While Mr. Combs has previously no operational or day-to-day role in the business, this decision helps ensure that REVOLT remains steadfastly focused on our mission to create meaningful content for the culture and amplify the voices of all Black people throughout this country and the African diaspora,” the statement begins. “Our focus has always been one that reflects our commitment to the collective journey of REVOLT — one that is not driven by the individual, but by the shared efforts and values of our entire team on behalf of advancing, elevating, and championing our culture and that continues.”

Co-founded in 2013, REVOVT currently houses several popular music podcasts including Drink Champs and Yung Miami’s Caresha Please. In a recent digital cover story with Billboard, Diddy spoke on the success of REVOLT.

“[My goal is to] make it not just the biggest Black-owned network but the biggest media company that I can,” he said. I’m not pigeonholing myself. Again, nobody’s going to give us power, and they’re not going to share it with us. That’s why 10 years ago, I named my network REVOLT, because we have to take our quality of life back. There’s so much value and information.”

Earlier this month, Cassie alleged that Combs abused her during their on-and-off 11-year relationship. One day after filing the lawsuit against Combs, which alleged “episodes of horrific abuse” including rape, she settled with the mercurial music star. “I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control,” Ventura said in a statement by her attorney, Douglas Wigdor. “I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”

Combs responded, adding, “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love.” No terms were disclosed and the release states that “the parties will have no further statements.”

Last week, Combs was accused of sexual abuse by two more women from alleged incidents stemming from the ’90s. Both suits were filed on Thanksgiving Day, the eve of the expiration of the Adult Survivors Act, which permitted victims of sexual abuse a one-year window to file a civil action suit regardless of the statute of limitations.

Best of Billboard