Bleecker Street has taken global distribution to the U.S. Dramatic Competition Sundance Film Festival comedy Save Yourselves! from writer-directors Alex Huston Fischer and Eleanor Wilson. A summer theatrical release is being planned for the pic produced by Keshet Studios.
Pic follows Jack (John Reynolds) and Su (Sunita Mani), a hip Brooklyn couple who like many of their friends find themselves dependent on technology and unable to put down their phones. Fearing their mindless scrolling may impact their connection with each other, they seize the chance to head to an isolated cabin in the woods, vowing to unplug from the outside world for a week.
More from Deadline
- Neon Strikes Again: Sundance Deal For Elisabeth Moss-Michael Stuhlbarg Starrer 'Shirley'
- 'The Glorias' Acquired By 'Judy' Team Of LD Entertainment And Roadside, Will Get Awards-Season Release Ahead Of Election
- Focus Features Closing Deal On Annapurna-Plan B's Sundance Pic 'Kajillionaire'
Sheltered from texts and push notifications, they are blissfully unaware when aliens attack the Earth. As strange events unfold, the couple must figure out a way back to civilization — or what’s left of it. Ben Sinclair also stars.
The deal was negotiated between Kent Sanderson and Avy Eschenasy of Bleecker Street with Endeavor Content, Film Constellation, FKKS’ Victoria Cook and Keshet Studios’ EVP Business Affairs Avital Onn Shachar on behalf of the filmmakers.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon