Written by Stacy Rukeyser inspired by BB Easton’s self-published memoir 44 Chapters About 4 Men, Sex/Life is the story of a love triangle between a woman, Billie Connelly (Shahi), her husband, and her past which takes a deliciously steamy new look at female identity and desire.
More from Deadline
- Adam Sandler Re-Ups With Netflix For Four More Movies
- 'The Crown': Netflix Royal Drama To End With Season Five As Imelda Staunton Confirmed As Final Queen Elizabeth II
- Apple Series 'Foundation' Set To Be Ireland's Largest Ever Production, Employing 500+ People
Shahi’s Billie Connelly is a woman with everything to lose, a suburban mother of two who goes in search of that sexy, single girl in the city she used to be ten years ago. She takes a fantasy-charged trip down memory lane that sets her very married present on a collision course with her wild-child past.
UnReal alumna Rukeyser serves as showrunner on Sex/Life and executive produces with Oscar-winning producer J. Miles Dale (The Shape of Water) and Larry Robins.
Shahi recently on Showtime’s drama series City on a Hill and on ABC’s The Rookie.
At Netflix, Shahi recently starred in the Dolly Parton anthology series Heartstrings She will next be seen in the indie film Language Arts, set to premiere at the Manchester International Film Festival. Shahi is repped by McKeon Myones Entertainment and CAA.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers