The SAG Awards have staked their spot on next year’s award-season calendar, setting January 24, 2021 ,for the 27th annual ceremony honoring the year’s best film and TV acting performances.
This year’s SAG Awards are January 19, a week earlier than the 2019 show thanks to the Oscars’ earlier date this year. Next year’s date returns them to their regular position. The show is simulcast on TNT and TBS as part of a recently reupped deal.
More from Deadline
- Lisa Takeuchi Cullen To Receive WGA East’s Jablow Award For Guild Service
- Writers Guild Film Nominations: 'Joker', 'Parasite', '1917', 'Irishman', 'Knives Out', 'Booksmart' & More
- SAG Awards Red Carpet Bleacher Seats Up For Auction Through January 6
Key deadlines and dates for the 2021 show will be released by April. No venue was announced, but the show has long called the Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall in Los Angeles home.
The WGA East said actor and comedian John Fugelsang will host the 72nd annual WGA Awards at New York’s Edison Ballroom on February 1. The show will run concurrently with the guild’s Los Angeles show at the Beverly Hilton.
The WGAE also said Lisa Takeuchi Cullen will receive the Richard B. Jablow Award recognizing devoted service to the guild. She joins Paula Pell, who will receive the Herb Sargent Award for Comedy Excellence, and Richard Price, who will receive the Ian McLellan Hunter Award for Career Achievement, among the ceremony’s honorees.
Presenters set for the New York event so far: Kevin Bacon, Samantha Bee, Tony Gilroy, Sam Heughan, Sunny Hostin, Dominique Jackson, Natasha Lyonne, Sienna Miller, Tim Blake Nelson, Amy Poehler, Amber Ruffin and recent Golden Globes winner Ramy Youssef.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers