- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The Adam Project star Ryan Reynolds takes tough questions from kid reporters Lyla and Luna. They want to know why he's so mean to his younger self in this movie, and why he's so mean to Hugh Jackman as well. He also tells them that he thinks they're old enough to watch Deadpool, but not Green Lantern.
- Hi, I'm Lyla.
- Hi, I'm Luna.
- And our dad works for Yahoo, where he interviews celebrities.
- Now it's our turn.
- Today we're talking to Ryan Reynolds, star of "The Adam Project."
- He's kind of a big deal.
BOTH: Hi, Ryan Reynolds.
- We loved your movie.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Thank you so much. I love the movie, as well. It's really nice of you guys. Thank you for seeing it.
- Dad cried at the end.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Oh, dad, you've just been outed.
- He cries during "American Idol," too.
- It's their backstories. They get me every time.
- Daddy says you're kind of a big deal.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Whoa, daddy. I can't get my own children to say that ever. It's just audible shrugs.
- Why are you so mean to yourself?
- Because if I'm being perfectly honest with myself, you have a very punchable face.
RYAN REYNOLDS: You know what, that's a really good question. Some people in life-- and I hope that this isn't you when you're older. But some people in life have a tough time loving themselves. And I think my character in the movie is having a tough time loving himself. And because he doesn't really love himself, he doesn't really love his 12-year-old self either.
So, throughout the movie, he has to kind of learn how to not just love himself, but love this little kid that he used to be. So it's part of the journey. We sort of have to start there in order to go someplace. But you're right. He's not very nice to his younger self.
- Why are you so mean to "The Greatest Showman?"
RYAN REYNOLDS: [LAUGHS] OK, Luna. These are the kinds of questions I like.
- (SINGING) Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for.
RYAN REYNOLDS: I know for a fact he's the one who named that movie.
RYAN REYNOLDS: "The Greatest Showman." Why not just call the movie Super Awesome Hugh Jackman?
- Has a nice ring to it.
RYAN REYNOLDS: I think it's pathetic and disgusting that he called the movie that. And I think it's pathetic and disgusting that he insists people call him The Greatest Showman everywhere he goes, including you, just young, impressionable kids. Goodness gracious.
- That's quite enough, sir.
- What were you like when you were a kid? Were you a big deal then, too?
RYAN REYNOLDS: [LAUGHS] I was not a big deal. If I ever become a real big deal, I promise I'll let you know.
- Did you love being in "The Mickey Mouse Club?"
RYAN REYNOLDS: No, I did not love it. I also was legally referred to as Ryan Gosling back then.
RYAN GOSLING: No way.
RYAN REYNOLDS: And it was tough being in "The Mickey Mouse Club." Really, really tough. 24 hour days, they make you work.
RYAN GOSLING: (SINGING) Yeah, baby.
- Can we watch "Deadpool?" Daddy said to ask you.
- Bad Deadpool. Seven. Good Deadpool.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Oh, OK. How old are you both?
- I'm nine.
- I'm six and 1/2.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Oh, yeah, you're fine to watch "Deadpool." No problem.
- On that day, I'll send your shiny, happy [BLEEP] a friend request.
- He said we definitely can't watch "Green Lantern."
- What the hell is with that mask?
- Came with the outfit.
RYAN REYNOLDS: No, do not watch that. You are not old enough for that. If you're, like, roughly late 40s, you can watch "Green Lantern." You'll be ready for it then.
- Cool, huh?
- When is Deadpool entering the MCU? In what movie, sa-spific-ly?
- Daddy made us ask you that.
- What's MCU?
- I don't know.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Oh, that's a good question. I could tell you. [BLEEP] So don't tell anyone, OK?
- Daddy says that you make the water he's always drinking.
- He calls it Daddy Water.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Daddy Water. [LAUGHS] That's amazing. I'm gonna use that, if you don't mind. I know no bounds, in terms of my product placement reach. Getting that bottle to you guys this morning was top priority for me.
- [CHUCKLES] I'm gonna go drink some more Aviation Gin.
- Do you know what we call our daddy?
- The Doo-Doo Project.
RYAN REYNOLDS: That's terrible. One day you are gonna have nothing but appreciation for your dad. Won't be until you have your own kids and you're like, whoa. Whoa. Whoa. My mom and dad crushed it.
- Did you invent Reynolds Wrap?
RYAN REYNOLDS: I wish I invented the Reynolds Wrap. I really do. I've invented nothing worthwhile.
- Now who's a fraud?
- Anything else you guys want to say before we go?
- Stop being so mean to Hugh.
- Yeah, Hugh's like the nicest guy in Hollywood.
RYAN REYNOLDS: Yeah, he really is. Why don't you write him a fan letter?
- I must be doing something right.
- He's The Greatest Showman, you might say.
RYAN REYNOLDS: He is The Greatest Showman, one might say. They didn't go with my title, which I liked way better, which was Mediocre Showman or Meh Showman. No, they went with greatest. Preposterous.