The post The Rolling Stones Announce Weekly Archival Concert Series “Extra Licks!” appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
As Mick Jagger himself recently said, the one area in which The Rolling Stones clearly have a leg up on The Beatles is the fact that they’re still out here touring. Of course, like everyone else, the rockers aren’t even able to do that right now. Instead, the Stones have found a different way to bring their live show to fans, as they’ve announced a limited weekly series of archival concert footage dubbed “Extra Licks!”.
For the next six Sundays, The Rolling Stones will release bonus footage from one of their concert films on YouTube. Confirmed tours to be showcased during the series include the 1994 “Voodoo Lounge Tour” and 2016’s “Ole! Tour” of Latin America.
That latter tour will be featured on the first edition of “Extra Licks!”, with the “Olé Olé Olé! Performances” streaming this Sunday, May 3rd at 3:00 p.m. EDT/12:00 p.m. PDT. Watch along via YouTube, and check out a teaser trailer below.
- 50 Reasons We Still Love The Rolling Stones’ Let It Bleed
- The 50 Greatest Rock and Roll Movies of All Time
- Man Arrested for Camping at Walt Disney World's Abandoned Discovery Island
- Pentagon Officially Publishes Tom DeLonge's UFO Videos
- Drive-In Concerts Are Now a Thing in Denmark
- R.I.P. Sam Lloyd, Scrubs Actor Dies at 56
- Dave Grohl Recalls the Time David Bowie Jokingly Told Him to "Fuck Off"