RJ Mitte Says He’s Not in the ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie, but He Has an Idea for Walt Jr
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
We still don’t know much about the “Breaking Bad” movie that is reportedly a sequel following the events of the original series. But sadly, Walter White’s son, aka Flynn, will not be in it.
That, at least, is according to actor RJ Mitte, who says he’s “not a part of” the film that the Albuquerque Journal reported may be code-named “Greenbriar.” It’s a shame, because Mitte envisioned a future for Flynn in which the character has now joined the DEA and is committed to finding out what happened to his uncle Hank.
“Walt escapes capture, Jesse came back to Walt after the whole shootout, Walt and Jesse disappear for five years, and Walt Jr. is still living with his sister, almost in like DEA housing,” Mitte told TheWrap, while also sharing his involvement as a judge in the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge. “Then Walt Jr. pretty much joins the DEA and is hunting after his father. He kind of takes Hank’s role where Hank left off. My idea is that he’s trying to go out, find what happened to Hank and go after Jesse and Walt.”
The show’s star, Bryan Cranston, has reiterated that Walter White is, in fact, dead, but it’s not clear if Flynn would necessarily know that. Things ended poorly between Flynn and his parents, with Flynn refusing to go by the name Walt Jr. after learning of Walter White’s criminal secrets and then accusing his mother Skyler of being just as bad for her involvement in money laundering. What’s more, Flynn is the only major character on the show who never met Jesse Pinkman.
News broke last year that “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan was developing a sequel, with Slashfilm reporting that it would center around Aaron Paul’s Jesse.
Mitte, like his character, has cerebral palsy and took the role on “Breaking Bad” when he was just 13. Though he insists he’s not involved and doesn’t know anything beyond what has been reported, he’s on board if asked.
“Of course I would be interested in being a part of it. I miss being part of a job that actually pays well,” Mitte said. “It’s been an iconic part of my life. I started that show when I was 13 years old and I finished it when I was 20 years old, and that was my whole career, that was my whole existence for those 7 years, and I miss that family. I miss those people. It would be great to be a part of that.”
Is it just us, or does it seems like everyone is getting back with their exes this summer?! First, there was the reunion that set things off: Bennifer 2.0. Then, there was Kanye West being spotted with his ex-boo Irina Shayk in France. But even Bennifer couldn’t have prepared us for Angelina Jolie’s reunion with […]
Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast / Photo Paul Morigi/GettyThe family that held the entire Republican Party in their death grips for the last four years is now doing what all formerly famous people do, signing autographs and being sort of pathetic.Their father may not have power anymore, but the kids have even less. Remember when Donnie Junior could control a news cycle with a tweet? Remember when Ivanka Trump could command a sea of news stories with a “sources close to” leak about how she w
Jonny Weeks/Pool via GettyLONDON—The main aim of President Biden’s European tour this week has simply been to show that the United States “is back!” at the heart of the Western diplomatic consensus.Unfortunately, the world is a little more complicated than that. By Saturday night in England, it was beginning to look like the White House had been a little over-confident in just how far the charms of Biden would take him in persuading other G7 leaders to swallow all of his policy positions. Even t
Le'Veon Bell apparently did not enjoy his brief tenure with the Chiefs. Bell, who signed with the Chiefs in Week Six last year, played sparingly for them during the regular season and didn’t play at all in the Super Bowl, wrote in an Instagram comment that he will never play for Chiefs head coach Andy [more]
A pair of Asian business owners knocked out a white man who allegedly had been harassing them in their store in Dublin, Ireland, last week. What happened: A video of the incident begins with an altercation already in progress between the two parties at the Oriental Emporium store on Jervis Street, as per Jackfroot. It was during the white man’s second return when the older Asian man punched his face and the younger Asian man "kicked his balls," knocking him to the ground.
If you’ve opened Twitter or Instagram within the past 24 hours or so, it’s likely you’ve seen some cartoon-style images in your feeds. It’s thanks to the latest mobile app that everyone is talking about right now, Voila AI Artist, which lets users either upload an image from their camera roll or take a new …