Riverdale has given us a lot of wonderful things over the past four seasons, from steamy teen romances to juicy murder mysteries. But what we’ll cherish most of all, we think, are the inexplicably odd character names.
Yes, Riverdale does come from the Archie comics universe, and some of these names probably sound better inside a comic book panel than they do spoken aloud by an actual human being. (Besides, it’s all part of the show’s charm, isn’t it?) But we’re not here to mock Riverdale for cutesy alliteration like Toni Topaz, Fangs Fogarty and Penny Peabody. Nah, those are mere child’s play, compared to some of the doozies we have here. We’re talking about the names that forced us to pause and rewind to make sure we heard correctly: “Wait… is that really his name?!”
More from TVLine
- Supergirl Finale Recap: Did Kara and Lena Make Nice? And Whose Fate Is in Limbo Until Spring 2021?
- Batwoman Boss Talks About Ending Season With That Bat-tastic Reveal, Supergirl 'Cameo' That Didn't Happen
- The 100 Season 7: Everything We Know About 'The Final Journey' So Far
So with Season 4 of Riverdale hitting Netflix today, we thought we’d celebrate by ranking the most outlandish character names across all four seasons, including Hog Eye (yes), Baby Teeth (we know), Edgar Evernever (you see what we’re saying?) and of course, the legendary Poppa Poutine, God rest his soul. Check out the gallery to the right — or click here for direct access — to see our full list of silly Riverdale names… and hit the comments to remind us of any we might’ve missed.
Launch Gallery: <i>Riverdale</i>'s Worst Character Names
Best of TVLine
- SNL Season 45: TVLine Readers Rank Every Episode, From Worst to Best
- TV's 10 Best One-Season Sci-Fi Shows (and Where to Stream Them)
- 10 One-Season Teen Dramas Worth Revisiting, From Freaks and Geeks to The Secret Circle and More