A memorial for actor Rip Torn, who died last July, is set for family, friends, colleagues, and stars on Saturday, January 18, at Paramount Studios Theatre. The celebration ceremony will be hosted by Torn’s daughter, Angelica Page and produced by Carla Pennington.
Among those expected to speak are actors Sissy Spacek, Sally Kirkland, Estelle Parsons, Jeffrey Tambor, Sandra Bernhard and journalist Michael Riedel.
More from Deadline
- Rip Torn Mourned By Will Smith, Albert Brooks, Tom Green & Seth MacFarlane
- Rip Torn Dies: 'Larry Sanders Show' Emmy Winner & Broadway Veteran Was 88
- Nicole Kidman And Keith Urban Pledge $500,000 To Australian Wildfire Relief
Torn, whose many credits included a co-starring role on HBO’s The Larry Sanders Show, movies and Broadway productions, died on July 9, 2019, at his home in Lakeville, Connecticut. He was 88.
In New York, friends and family will gather for a memorial hosted by Torn’s widow, actress Amy Wright, and the Torn family on Sunday, February 2, at Greenwich House. A limited number of seats will be available to the general public.
In March, Festival Internacional de Cine Álamos Mágico in Alamos, Mexico, will host a Rip Torn Tribute. Torn and former wife Geraldine Page shared a second home in Alamos for 20 years.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers