Ride vocalist and guitarist Andy Bell gives Kyle Meredith a shout to discuss their second reunion record This Is Not A Safe Place. Together, they discuss the stories behind “Repetition” and “R.I.D.E.”, how even the big topic songs look inward on this record, and the influence of Basquiat and the late ’80s alternative scene on the material. We’re also told that another new album won’t be far behind.
Kyle Meredith Withis an interview series in which WFPKs Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artists work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Weezer's cover of Nirvana's "Lithium" brings Dave Grohl to tears: Watch
- Aaron Carter just got a new face tattoo
- R.I.P. Kim Shattuck, frontwoman of The Muffs and onetime Pixies member dies at 56
- Metallica postpone tour as James Hetfield enters rehab