While out at ComplexCon, Rick Ross sat down with Complex News' Speedy Morman to talk about one of the most important verses in his catalog: his song-closing bars on Kanye West's "Devil in a New Dress."
During the My Beautiful Dark Twisted panel, Rozay revealed he had to record another verse for the song. Here, he shared more about the experience.
"When I recorded that verse for the first time, he came in, heard it," Ross recounted, "he told me he thought I could do better. And he walked out." The MMG boss didn't let that moment deter him from delivering something special. "And then I wrote another one, and the second verse I wrote is the one you hear on the album."
Check out the full interview above, where Ross also talks about standing up for Lil Wayne in the Birdman financial feud.
More from Complex
- Proud Gun Owner Caps Off His 'Right to Bear Arms' Speech By Accidentally Shooting Himself and His Wife
- 'Gold Top 3' Air Jordan 1s Might Be Releasing Again
- NFL Fans Lost It After Jerry Jones Called Bob Kraft a 'P*ssy'
- Ben Affleck Speaks on His Involvement With Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood's Sexual Harassment Problem
- DJ Brace's "Apatheia" Mixes Elements of DJing, Production and Visual Art