EXCLUSIVE: Cheers alum Rhea Perlman and Miya Cech will star in Marvelous And The Black Hole, an indie film from Kate Tsang, who was award a $1 million grant by AT&T Presents: Untold Stories earlier this year to fund the project. Carolyn Mao produced.
The coming-of-age comedy follows a teenage delinquent named Sammy Ko (Cech) who teams up with a surly aging children’s party magician, Margot (Perlman), on a bizarre adventure to navigate her tumultuous home life and inner demons.
More from Deadline
- Kate Tsang's 'Marvelous And The Black Hole' Named Winner Of AT&T Presents: Untold Stories Program
- Rhea Perlman, Pam Grier & '13 Reasons Why's Alisha Boe Join Diane Keaton In 'Poms' Comedy
- 'Cheers' Reunion - Rhea Perlman To Co-Star In Kirstie Alley's TV Land Comedy Pilot
AT&T Presents: Untold Stories, in collaboration with Tribeca, champions inclusive and diverse filmmaking. Tsang’s film will premiere at the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival, and AT&T and Tribeca will work with the filmmaker on a distribution strategy.
Perlman was most recently seen on the big screen opposite Diane Keaton and Jacki Weaver in the STX comedy Poms as well as on ABC’s The Goldbergs. She’s repped by Innovative. Paradigm, Randy James Management and attorney Lev Ginsburg rep Cech, whose credits include The Darkest Minds, Nickelodeon’s Are You Afraid of the Dark revival, and Netflix’s Always Be My Maybe.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers