Who needs a Magic 8 Ball when you have 29 seasons of animation instead? As brought to our attention on Twitter by long-time Simpsons executive producer Matt Selman, the sitcom correctly predicted that, one day, Team USA would take home a gold medal for curling at the Olympics. As you can likely surmise, this year America did win gold for the first time ever — despite the team’s long-suffering underdog status — defeating Sweden in a wild match filled with tension and broom artistry. The February 2010 episode also predicted that the USA would win against Sweden, if you needed further proof of the show’s writers being sorcerers. Or just astute guessers.
Occasionally we predict something good, just to mix it upMatt Selman (@mattselman) February 25, 2018
- Here’s How Carl Dies on The Walking Dead
- The Bachelor Recap: The Women Tell All
- The Walking Dead Midseason-Premiere Recap: Don’t Cry for Me, Alexandria
- What Donald Glover Said to Lena Dunham After His Girls Arc
- Omarosa Likens Her White House Experience to Working at a Plantation