The post Refused battle neo-fascists in video for new song “REV001”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The video, directed by the band’s guitarist Kristofer Steen, stars frontman Dennis Lyxzén in a top hat and tailcoat as he dances his way to a revolution among a group of neo-fascists.
“REV001” follows previous single “Blood Red”. The new track features guest vocals from Swedish singer-songwriter Mariam The Believer, whose ethereal vocals contrast sharply with Lyxzen’s mighty scream.
Refused describe the song as follows:
“‘REV001′ is a protest song. A punk rock song. We like to think of it as incredibly violent pop music. Whatever you call it, we’re hoping it’ll get your blood boiling and that it’ll make you wanna dance (like it does our fearless captain @dennislyxzen in the video), ’cause what else can one do in these desperate times? Well, we at the bottom could arm ourselves and go for those at the top, while smashing a few banks on the way? We’ll get there.”
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- Josh Homme to release new Desert Sessions in October
- 10 Nü-Metal Songs That Don't Totally Suck