The proposal came during a boat trip to Catalina Island. That’s where El Moussa, 38, and realtor Young, 32, decided to go into escrow.
More from Deadline
- 'Flipping 101 With Tarek El Moussa' Renewed For Season 2 By HGTV
- HGTV Bringing Back 'Christina On The Coast' For Third Season, But Has Six New Episodes Next Month
- HGTV's The Property Brothers To Talk TV And Design With Paley Center For Media
El Moussa told People magazine the location was a “special place” for them and that they “love to be on the boat together.” The couple became engaged on the one-year anniversary of meeting.
“She said yes!” El Moussa said on Instagram, adding, “Flipping her last name.”
The HGTV star was reported by People to have picked an eight carat emerald-cut diamond ring.
The pair moved in together not even a week after their very first date. El Moussa finalized his divorce from ex-wife Christina Anstead in January 2018 after splitting in 2016. She has since re-married Ant Anstead.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto