Fox’s The Resident this Tuesday drew 4.2 million total viewers and a 0.8 rating, up 20 and 33 percent from last week (where it had hit an all-time demo low) to hit and match season highs. Leading out of that, Empire (2.6 mil/0.7) ticked up.
More from TVLine
- Arrow Recap: Island, Get Away! -- Did Oliver Say His Goodbyes in Fall Finale?
- The Flash Fall Finale Recap: Saving Barry Allen -- Plus, 'Crisis' Is Here!
- Arrow Has a Secret Weapon During Its Final Season. Her Name Is Laurel Lance
NBC | The Grinch‘s demo rating (5.3 mil/1.1) grew two sizes from last year to lead Tuesday night, while a How to Train Your Dragon special did 3.9 mil/0.9). Leading out of the ‘toons, The Voice (6.4 mil/1.0, read recap) slipped to season lows, while Making It (2.7 mil/0.5) matched Monday’s measly premiere rating.
ABC | Brad Paisley’s holiday special did 6.3 mil/0.8, while the CMA Country Christmas (5.1 mil/0.7) dipped 16 percent and a tenth from last year,
CBS | An NCIS rerun delivered Tuesday’s biggest audience; 7.1 million.
The Live+Same Day numbers reported in our daily-ish ratings column do not reflect a show’s overall performance, given the increases in delayed playback via DVR and streaming platforms. These Live+Same Day numbers instead are used to illustrate any trends or high/low superlatives. Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types of skin.
Best of TVLine
- Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked (2019): Who Are the Best at Being the Worst?
- Game of Thrones: The Best Sex Scenes From the Series' Eight-Season Run
- Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked!