Fox’s The Masked Singer wrapped its sophomore run with 8.3 million total viewers — a season high — and a 2.2 demo rating, down 28 and 39 percent from its freshman finale but still dominating Wednesday night in both measures.
TVLine readers gave the triple-unmasking as well as Season 2 as a whole an average grade of “A-.”
More from TVLine
- Survivor: All-Winners Season 40 Will Feature Boston Rob, Sandra and More Competing for $2 Million Prize
- The Masked Singer Season 3: Get an Early Look at the New Costumes
- Team TVLine Shares Its 2020 Wish List for Supernatural, Survivor, Chicago Fire, The Blacklist, Younger, SNL and More
Over on CBS, Survivor‘s own season finale (6.4 mil/1.2, TVLine reader grade “C-“) was down in viewers but steady in the demo week-to-week. Versus its year-ago finale, it slipped 17 and 20 percent. The reunion special (4.5 mil/0.8) similarly was down 13 and 20 percent year over year.
ABC’s second installment of Live in Front of a Studio Audience averaged 5.8 mil and a 1.1, down 44 and 39 percent from the special’s May premiere (opposite markedly weaker competition). TVLine readers gave Good Times a “B-,” whereas All in the Family netted a “B+.”
The Live+Same Day numbers reported in our daily-ish ratings column do not reflect a show’s overall performance, given the increases in delayed playback via DVR and streaming platforms. These Live+Same Day numbers instead are used to illustrate any trends or high/low superlatives. Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types of skin.
Best of TVLine
- 15 Series Finales From 2019, Graded
- Game of Thrones: The Best Sex Scenes From the Series' Eight-Season Run
- The Good Wife: 11 Dropped Arcs We Wish the Finale Had Tackled