The post Rammstein Announce 25th Anniversary Remastered Edition of Debut Album Herzeleid appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Rammstein released their iconic debut album, Herzeleid, 25 years ago today. To commemorate the occasion, the band has announced a remastered anniversary edition, coming to digital platforms, CD, and vinyl on December 4th.
The reissue boasts a fresh remastered of the album, available in a hi-fi 24-bit format for the first time, and comes stylized with new artwork from Dirk Rudolph. It’ll be released digitally, on a single CD housed in a lavish digipak, or as a deluxe vinyl set containing two 180 gram heavyweight black vinyl discs with blue splatter effect. Both the CD and vinyl editions of the reissue are in limited quantities.
Herzeleid introduced the world to Rammstein, establishing all of the band’s trademarks: industrial beats, dance rhythms, blasts of guitar noise, eroticism, and the controversial lyrics and commanding vocals of frontman Till Lindemann. It would take a while for the global mainstream to come around to Rammstein, but they quickly became heroes in their home country and a beloved discovery for fans of industrial metal worldwide. The album’s debut single, “Du riechst so gut”, was a phenomenon of sorts, and the band never looked back.
Flash forward to 2020, and Rammstein are still going strong, having released an untitled album last year in addition to Lindemann also dropping a solo record. While their touring plans were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the band is apparently already back in the studio recording new music.
- Rammstein Are in Studio Recording New Music: Report
- Rammstein Drummer’s Early East German Band Had Two Government Spies in Its Lineup
Pre-order the physical edition of the remastered Herzeleid via Rammstein’s online store or Amazon. Watch the original music video for “Du riechst so gut” and check out the updated album art and original tracklist below.
Herzeleid (XXV Anniversary Edition – Remastered) Artwork:
Herzeleid (XXV Anniversary Edition – Remastered) Tracklist:
01. Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen
02. Der Meister
03. Weisses Fleisch
04. Asche zu Asche
06. Du riechst so gut
07. Das alte Leid
08. Heirate mich
- The Title to Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat Sequel Is Absolutely Glorious
- Filter's Richard Patrick on Quitting Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor Told Me to Deliver Pizza
- Dolly Parton Finally Puts Longtime Tattoo Rumors to Rest
- Ranking: Every Martin Scorsese Film from Worst to Best
- Dave Chappelle Unloads on Critics Upon Winning Emmy for Best Variety Special
- Rolling Stone Updated Its Top 500 Albums of All Time List So It's No Longer Just White Dudes