The post Raffi Shares Ode to “Portland Moms” in New Black Lives Matter Protest Song: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Who woulda thought the musician behind “Bananaphone” would be the one giving the Wall of Moms their own theme? Beloved children’s singer Raffi has shared a new song called “Portland Moms” in support of the ongoing Portland protests against police violence and racial injustice.
Set to the tune of the folk standard “Buffalo Gals”, Raffi calls for Portland Moms, Black Lives Matter, and the Wall of Vets to “come out tonight by the light of the silvery moon” and be “strong and peaceful.” He’s joined on the jaunty protest song by Lindsay Munroe and Ivan Rosenberg. Together, they “stand in solidarity” with the Portland, Oregon protesters currently dealing with unmarked federal troops Trump has sent in against the wishes of local government.
“In solidarity with #BlackLivesMattter, a tribute to the heroic protests vs injustice in Portland and elsewhere,” Raffi wrote in a tweet revealing “Portland Moms”. “An idea that woke me up 3 am, now recorded. thanks to @LinzMunroe (vocals) and Ivan Rosenberg (dobro). #PortlandMoms #ResistFascism #FloydGeorge.”
Listen to Raffi’s “Portland Moms” below.
- The White House Lied About Paw Patrol Getting Cancelled
- Heavy Resistance: A Playlist of Hard-Rocking Protest Songs
This isn’t Raffi’s only recent protest songs. Last September, he shared “Young People Marching” in honor of Greta Thunberg and all the younger generations fighting for the climate.
in solidarity with #BlackLivesMattter, a tribute to the heroic protests vs injustice in Portland and elsewhere: an idea that woke me up 3 am, now recorded. thanks to @LinzMunroe (vocals) and Ivan Rosenberg (dobro). #PortlandMoms #ResistFascism #FloydGeorge #PortlandProtests pic.twitter.com/uzOIQKW056
— Raffi Cavoukian (@Raffi_RC) July 25, 2020
— Lindsay Munroe (@LinzMunroe) July 26, 2020
- 10 Caddyshack Quotes You Probably Say All the Time
- R.I.P. John Saxon, A Nightmare on Elm Street Actor Dies at 83
- Black-Metal Legend Ihsahn Calls Out Taylor Swift Over Album Artwork
- Watch: "AC/DC Back in Black 40th Anniversary: A Virtual Celebration"
- Grimes Calls Out Elon Musk After He Tweets "Pronouns Suck"
- The Chainsmokers Played a Concert in the Hamptons, And There Was No Social Distancing