The post R.I.P. Suzanne Whang, original host of House Hunters, dead at 56 appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Suzanne Whang, best known as the original host of House Hunters on HGTV, has died following a long battle with breast cancer. She was 56 years old.
“Suzanne was warm, funny and kind with a distinctive voice that made everyone feel at home,” HGTV said in a statement on Friday. “Our HGTV family mourns her loss and wishes to express deepest condolences to her friends, fans and family who knew and loved her.”
Whang hosted House Hunters for nine years between 1999 and 2007. She also had a reoccurring role on the NBC drama Las Vegas and appeared on episodes of General Hospital, Criminal Minds, Arrested Development, Two and a Half Men, and NYBD Blue.
Whang was also a talented comedian, who won the Best Up & Coming Comedian Award at the Las Vegas Comedy Festival in 2002 and the Andy Kaufman Award at the New York Comedy Festival in 2004.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine is expected to enter witness protection
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- About 100 people storm Area 51 gate, two people arrested
- The Village People incite unlikely circle pit and wall of death at Riot Fest: Watch
- Miley Cyrus covers Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb": Watch