The post R.I.P. Robert Axelrod, voice of Lord Zedd in Power Rangers, dead at 70 appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Robert Axelrod, a veteran voice actor best known for his roles as Lord Zedd and Finster in the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, has died at the age of 70.
“Robert enjoyed meeting his fans and inspiring them to follow their passions,” his agent said in statement announcing his death. “His beautiful and kindred soul will never be forgotten and we take comfort in knowing his memory will live on in all those he inspired, met and knew.”
Axelrod also voiced characters in anime series Cowboy Bebop and Digimon, portrayed a Paul McCartney look-alike on Family Matters, and appeared in several Tim & Eric productions.
This is @rob27axelrod ‘s agent Kelly from @MobileMonicker. It is with great sadness that I must tell you that Robert passed away yesterday. He was a wonderful soul whose charismatic personality lit up a room. He will be greatly missed. pic.twitter.com/3iDttSnQ0T
— Robert Axelrod (@rob27axelrod) September 8, 2019
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Tool have No. 1 album in America after dethroning Taylor Swift
- Tool's Maynard James Keenan: Justin Bieber is "probably a good kid" but he's surrounded by "crap"
- Original Bauhaus lineup to reunite for first time in 13 years