TMZ decided to run a report on R. Kelly's alleged panic attacks this morning, so here we are.
Their sources said Friday that Kelly's had panic attacks "severe enough to require medical attention." The alleged pattern of attacks, per these sources, began "in the days leading up to" the premiere of Lifetime's conversation-dominating docuseries Surviving R. Kelly. One attack in particular is alleged to have resulted in hospital treatment.
Furthermore, Kelly is said to be "shocked" by the widespread support the critically acclaimed six-part documentary series and the alleged victims are now receiving. Hours before TMZ's panic attacks bit was published, Kelly's estranged daughter Joann Lee Kelly spoke out in condemnation of her father's alleged history of abuse.
"The same monster you all confronting me about is my father," she said in an Instagram Story update. "I am well aware of who and what he is. I grew up in that house. My choice to not speak on him and what he does is for my peace of mind. My emotional state. And for my healing. I have to do and move in a manner that is best for me. I pray anyone who reads this understands I put nothing but good intent behind each word."
Also on Thursday, it was reported that the gun threat that was called in to the New York premiere of the series had possibly been linked to an R. Kelly business associate. As previously reported, the threat ultimately forced an evacuation. "We stand by the creative women bringing these heroic stories to light," a rep for NeueHouse Madison Square in Manhattan said at the time.
- R. Kelly's Daughter Breaks Silence on Sex Abuse Scandal, Calls Her Dad a "Monster"
- Gun Threat That Shut Down 'Surviving R. Kelly' Premiere Linked to R. Kelly Associate
- Lady Gaga Pledges to Remove R. Kelly Collab "Do What U Want" From Streaming Services in Apology Note (UPDATE)
More from Complex
- Lil Uzi Vert: 'I'm Done With Music I Deleted Everything'
- Eddie Murphy Confirms He Will Star in 'Coming to America' Sequel
- Quavo Brushes Off "Walk It Talk It" Lawsuit
- Up Close With the Florida Gators' Air Jordan 4 PE
- Chicago Judge Is Forcing R. Kelly to Let City Search Infamous Studio