A Quiet Place is back and the stakes are higher than ever as the Abbott family (Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe) head out into the world — or whatever is left behind. The post-apocalyptic nightmare will hit theaters on March 20th.
The trailer for A Quiet Place II kicks off with a flashback to early days: everything is going off the rails as the mysterious beasts, drawn by sound, wreck havoc on a city street. We then return to the events following the last movie, as the family — sans father Lee (director-star John Krasinski) — heads out into the world at large, new baby in tow. They then fall in with a survivalist played by Cillian Murphy who seems less than convinced that the world is worth saving.
More from Rolling Stone
- Emily Blunt Treads Lightly Through the Woods in 'A Quiet Place: Part 2' Teaser
- John Krasinski Returns in Action-Packed 'Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan' Season 2 Trailer
- See Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emily Blunt Perform 22 Musicals on 'Corden'
The critically acclaimed A Quiet Place was released in 2018. It earned $340 million worldwide and garnered widespread praise, including a nod from horror mastermind Stephen King. The sequel will also star Djimon Hounsou.
Best of Rolling Stone
- The 50 Best Movies of the 2010s
- 'Fight Club' at 20: The Twisted Joys of David Fincher's Toxic-Masculinity Sucker Punch
- 10 Best Movies of 2019
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.