The post Queens of the Stone Age wowed by young girl’s drum cover of “No One Knows”: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Remember the name Nandi Bushell, a young drummer who is a force behind the kit. In the 9-year-old’s latest video, she absolutely slays the Queens of the Stone Age hit “No One Knows” — so much so that the band was thoroughly impressed.
Last we reported on Nandi, she crushed Nirvana’s “In Bloom” back in November. As great as that was, she goes next level on the “No One Knows” cover. Coincidentally, Dave Grohl played on both original songs, serving as drummer on QOTSA’s 2002 album Songs for the Deaf.
The minute-plus YouTube clip of Nandi rocking “No One Knows” features the youngster going full force on the QOTSA song with rubber-like arms — adding in some cool facial expressions and stick twirls, to boot.
Queens of the Stone Age themselves were wowed by the performance, sharing the clip on Instagram, with the one word caption, “Incredible!!!” And it looks like Nandi had a blast playing the tune, writing in the YouTube description, “I LOVE THIS SONG!!! ‘No One Knows’ by @queensofthestoneage. I had so much fun rocking out!”
- Gone Is Gone (Mastodon, QOTSA) unveil new song “No One Ever Walked on Water”: Stream
- Queens of the Stone Age announce limited-edition vinyl reissue of Songs For the Deaf
Meanwhile, Queens of the Stone Age also recently showed their love for Iggy Pop, who just received a Lifetime Achievement Grammy. The band posted a pic on Instagram of frontman Josh Homme and hardcore legend Henry Rollins posing with the godfather of punk as they helped him celebrate the honor.
See Nandi performing “No One Knows”, followed by both of QOTSA’s Instagram posts, below.
- Huey Lewis says Ménière's disease has left him unable to sing and perform
- NBA legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Shaun Weiss, actor who played Goldberg in The Mighty Ducks, arrested for meth and burglary
- Grammys 2020: Aerosmith and Run-D.M.C. perform "Walk This Way": Watch
- Mick Fleetwood says Lindsey Buckingham rejoining Fleetwood Mac is "not a point of conversation"