These days, everyone’s looking for a distraction, even Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan Markle’s baby Archie turns one-year-old on May 6, and even though he’s off in Canada with his parents at the moment, his great-grandmother is already planning for the big day We heard that the Queen has picked out Archie’s first birthday gift already, and spoiler alert: It’s going to make your day.
A source spoke to Us Weekly about the monarch’s plans for this very special birthday. “The Queen has set her sights on a beautiful rocking horse,” the source revealed, adding that “Archie has tons of animal books and fluffy toys at home” that “keep him occupied for hours.”
More from SheKnows
- Was Queen Elizabeth Near the Buckingham Palace Staffer with Coronavirus?
- See How Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Spent Their First Date Night Back in London
- Queen Elizabeth II's 'Worst Fear' Is That She Won't Get to Have a Relationship With Baby Archie
We’re sure the young royal has plenty of toys, but we’re so delighted with the particular gift of a rocking horse. Not to mention, a very beautiful, specific rocking horse picked out by the Queen of England herself. That thing must be a serious work of art — hope it ships well to Canada!
While Harry is far from his grandmother right now, he’s reportedly kept in close contact with her and his father Prince Charles. The Queen and Philip are staying at Windsor Castle for the foreseeable future, and have cancelled upcoming garden parties at Buckingham Palace.
Who knows what we’ll all be doing come May — but whether or not we’re still social distancing, we think Archie’s going to be a very happy boy with that rocking horse.
Looking for more royal kids content? Check out the cutest photos of Prince George right here.
Launch Gallery: Prince George's Cutest Moments
Best of SheKnows
- 18 Things About Tiffany Haddish You Probably Didn't Know
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018