If your biggest complaint about the Super Bowl is that the football players look way too human and not enough like actual puppies, this just became your lucky day.
Animal Planet’s 16th annual Puppy Bowl kicks off today at 3/2c, thrusting dozens adoptable canines into an all-out melee of athleticism, sportsmanship and, you know, being a good boy. The 42 players competing in the iconic sporting event will once again be split between Team Ruff and Team Fluff.
More from TVLine
- Ratings: Super Bowl 54 Improves on Last Year's 10-Year Low, Hannity and The Masked Singer Hit High Notes
- Super Bowl: Best & Worst Commercials
- Jennifer Lopez and Shakira Team Up for Super Bowl 54 Halftime Show -- Watch
“In years past, 100 percent of the puppies and kittens that have participated in the Puppy Bowl have been adopted to loving families,” Animal Planet says in a statement, adding that it’s continuing that tradition this year “with a new set of adorable animals that are ready to tumble and fumble into their new homes across the nation. While we will be sure to keep score of touchdowns and puppy penalties, these pups playing the game are sure to go big and go home — with their new loving forever adoptive families!”
Of course, there’s more to the Puppy Bowl than just a bunch of adorable, adoptable dog babies pretending that they know anything about football. Other animals — including, we imagine, the four-legged equivalents of Jennifer Lopez and Shakira — will also take the field during the two-hour broadcast of Puppy Bowl XVI.
Browse our gallery of puppies to meet his year’s starting line-up — you can click here for direct access — then drop a comment with your personal favorites below.
Launch Gallery: Puppy Bowl 2020 Photos
Best of TVLine
- TV's Best Time Loop Episodes
- Grammys 2020: The Best, Worst and Wackiest Moments From the Ceremony
- How Grey's Anatomy Has Handled Many High-Profile Exits Over the Years