Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a fly on the wall at Queen Elizabeth’s annual Christmas lunch? Yeah, same. While we didn’t score invites to the Buckingham palace event either, we do have some intel on their annual luncheon. Prince William was seen attending with his son, Prince George. The duchess arrived in another car with the couple’s other two children, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
But there were three notable absences. Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and their son Archie were not seen at the festivities. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, though: As you may recall, we earlier learned that the new parents were opting to spend the holiday season away from the family festivities at Sandringham. Instead, Prince Harry and Meghan chose to spend Christmas as a nuclear family, reportedly in Los Angeles.
More from SheKnows
- How Chrissy Teigen, John Legend, & More Stars Are Spending the Holidays This Year
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Are Proving to Be a Great Team as They Prepare for the Throne, Say Insiders
- Kate Middleton's Royal Kids May Have High-End Taste -- But Their Favorite Dish to Cook with Mom Is So Relatable
While Queen Elizabeth may have been disappointed about their absence, Prince Harry isn’t the first brother to celebrate Christmas away from the family — Prince William, Kate and their children spend Christmas with Kate’s family in 2016, according to People.
George and Charlotte will reportedly both appear alongside their parents on Christmas day, which will mark their first Christmas-day church appearance. On the other hand, Louis, who is just a year old, will likely be skipping out on the day-of festivities.
It’s not all official appearances, though: The royals reportedly enjoy a pretty relatable holiday tradition. Just like many of our own families, they tend to open a few gifts on Christmas Eve, and opt for silly gag gifts in lieu of pricey presents. Royals: They’re just like us!
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018