It seems like only yesterday Prince William and Kate Middleton welcomed their first child Prince George into the world. Since then, he’s been melting our hearts with every last move he makes —whether he’s making pudding with Queen Elizabeth II or he’s being an adorable older brother to Princess Charlotte. And the latest moment that’s tugging at our heartstrings is the brand new family portrait that’s been released by Buckingham Palace.
The photo features the six-year-old looking all grown up with an unbelievably precious smirk, along with Prince Charles, Prince William and Queen Elizabeth II, who are all seen standing in the Throne Room at Buckingham Palace. The photo of the Queen and the next three in line to be King was shared on the royal family’s Instagram page on Jan. 3 to “mark the start of a new decade.”
More from SheKnows
- Meghan Markle Helps Strangers Take the Perfect Selfie While Hiking in Canada
- Prince William Wants to Start the 'Largest Ever Conversation on Mental Health' -- & He's Using Sports to Do It
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Share Precious New Photo of Baby Archie in Canada for Year-End Review
“To mark the start of a new decade, a portrait has been released of Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince George,” the caption reads.
Royal fans were quick to point out how mature Prince George appears in the portrait. “He’s growing up so quickly,” one commenter wrote, while another called out his latest growth spurt, adding, “Isn’t George getting tall! Lovely photo.”
One fan in particular couldn’t help but gush over the little boy’s sweet outfit, which consisted of a pair of plaid pants and a crisp white buttoned top. “Awww…George wearing big boy pants and little boy shirt,” the comment read.
He must feel so proud to be a part of such an iconic photo!
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018